Enjoying friends, family and delicious food prepared with love create memories during the Holiday Season! It's important to not feel guilty when enjoying a special meal with friends and family so don't beat yourself up if you indulge. You can enjoy your holiday favorites and find balance by juicing 1-3 days a week, or replacing a meal or snack with 1 or 2 juices. Diving in deeper with a 3 day reboot after Thanksgiving, Christmas Dinner, Hanukkah latkes, or other family traditions, is a great way to reset (and give your digestion a break) after the big day!
In addition to adding juice to help balance out indulging, experts recommend planning ahead, eating mindfully, and prioritizing sleep to help you maintain your habits during the Holidays. You can read more about Holiday maintenance tips here.
- Begin your day with a hot detox elixir. You can make your own with a fresh squeeze of lemon, a few ginger slices and a tad of Manuka honey to hot water. Stir or even put in a blender to make it frothy. You can also choose Jamu, Gold Rush, or Ginger Lemon-aid in your Custom Box and gently heat that on the stove top, or heat it up in the blender for a few minutes. Take a moment to enjoy this hot cleansing drink to start your day.
- Try adding warming spices or essential oils to your juices. Cinnamon and nutmeg are delicious in carrot juice and nut milks. Extra ginger can be added to any juice for a warming effect and extra antibacterial and inflammation fighting powers.
- In between parties and festive meals, try having only juice for 1-3 days, or simply replace a meal with 1 or 2 juices. This will give your digestion time to rest and cleanse without being consistently over-loaded.
- During the day while you are having your juice, look forward to a warm juice or soup in the evening. Try our Fall Vata Reboot for the addition of hot soup in the evening!
- If you are new to being vegan or often get push-back from family, here are few tips on how to handle 'Diet Talk' this Holiday season.
Feel free to reach out to us if you would like assistance putting together a program that can help get you stay on track through the Holidays. To help make juicing a part of your wellness plan, enjoy 15% off all orders now through November 30. We recommend the Fall Reboot or our Immunity Reboot, which is perfect for this time of year!