Nobody wants a cold or flu to slow them down this season. So how can you beat the odds and keep yourself going strong? Of course, we believe 100% organic, cold-pressed juice is a great place to start. Whether you get your juice from JRINK by Purée or make it yourself we have some suggestions on what to order or juice at home.
Health Benefits of POMEGRANATE juice:
"There is accepted evidence that pomegranate juice may be beneficial in SARS-CoV-2 infection conditions", is an excerpt from an article written by NIH. The full article can be found here: National Library of Medicine. Pomegranate is one of the most delicious fruits of Fall and one of the healthiest foods on the planet, packed with anti-oxidants, anti-aging properties, heart health and more. If you are healing, often get sick, or just want to be proactive, do not overlook the powerful health benefits of Pomegranate!
Health Benefits of GREEN Juice:
Greens are the powerhouse of detoxification and good for you all around. Especially during cold and flu season, greens help to alkalize your body, creating an environment that is hard for disease or viruses to thrive in. Greens provide anti-oxidants and by removing the fiber with juicing, green juice is quickly absorbed by the body, reaping benefits more quickly than chomping on pounds of greens every day! Choose Super Greens (all green) or Flora (hint of pineapple and lemon) in your Custom Box for the strongest green juice. 2 pounds of greens never went down so easily! We believe so much in our Super Greens, it is also in every Reboot, except for the Beginner Reboot.
Health Benefits of COCONUT.
Monolaurin is formed when your body digests Lauric Acid. Both Lauric Acid and Monolaurin can kill harmful pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Eat coconut, drink coconut, and more importantly, supplement with Monolaurin (more on this below). Lauric acid is the magic here and it is found in fresh coconut.
Health benefits of TURMERIC AND GINGER.
Both turmeric and ginger have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which are essential to staying healthy. You can juice it, cook with it, buy curcumin supplements, make tea with it... just do it! Our Jamu is a delicious and excellent way to get your turmeric and ginger in every day. It can also be heated up (keep below 115 to preserve nutrients) and enjoyed as a tea or may even replace your morning cup o'Joe! You can choose Jamu in your Custom Box.
Health Benefit of VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS.
While juice is a great place to start to increase your nutrient density and build immunity, don't discount the power of extra supplementation, especially while coming into the Fall and Winter. Please note, these are layperson suggestions, while based on experience and lots of research, we are not licensed practitioners. Always check with your own health care provider before taking any supplements.
- Vitamin C - We all know it is a great immunity boost and no time like the present to make sure you are getting enough.
- Vitamin D3 - Most of us are deficient, especially going into the cold Winter months. Choose a supplement with K2 and take with a little healthy fat to help your body absorb it.
- Monolaurin - the powerhouse extracted from coconut. Our favorite new supplement is Lauricidin. This medium chain fatty that is embraced by your immune system and digestive tract.
- Andrographis - a powerful herb used for centuries. Studies show Andrographis might work by stimulating the immune system. It might also prevent influenza viruses from binding to cells in the body. (contraindicated for pregnancy!) It works, but we aren't sure how!
- Zinc - essential for immunity and many people are deficient
- Elderberry Syrup - excellent for immunity and tastes like dessert! There are versions for your children too, and they won't even know it's medicine, so keep it safely out of reach.
Please let us know if you need any assistance creating a custom box to meet your needs, choosing a reboot, or creating a wellness plan. We are happy to help and wish you health and happiness!