Scroll through social media stories, and you are likely to see your friends as well as celebrities drinking celery juice. We live in an era where people like to share their experiences through social media and celery juice has many amazing stories surrounding it. The celery juice movement started with Anthony William and has taken the health community by storm because it works.
Drinking celery juice can help you with blood pressure, inflammation, gut health, weight loss, cleanse your liver and bring overall health to your body. The trick is drinking celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. And it has to be 100% celery juice, no lemon or anything else added, so as not to interfere with the amazing healing qualities.
And while celery has never been a popular vegetable, it certainly is receiving its well deserved attention now. So, what is this latest trend all about? Even celebrities like Miranda Kerr, Busy Philipps, Kim Kardashian, and even Sylvester Stallone are all raving about the benefits of celery juice. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the trend, and explain all of the benefits of celery juice.
Because celery is not a popular vegetable, there are not many studies done on its benefits. Let’s face it, celery is not avocado. The latter is considered a superfood, and every day, there is a new study about the benefits of avocado. But the small sample of studies on celery proves to be impressive, indeed. More importantly, the testimonials from people who have added celery juice to their daily routine are incredible! These are people like you, who simply want to share their amazing experiences with this simple solution.
Some of the benefits reported include:
- Helps fights stomach inflammation as it contains a bioactive compound called apigenin
- The same bioactive compound has shown an ability to reduce the growth of breast cancer in mouse studies
- Consuming celery juice can help with thyroid cleansing, as the vegetable contains mineral salts that cleanse the body of the Epstein-Barr virus, most notably in the thyroid
- Celery juice can also help with liver detoxification, as it has potent detoxifying properties that help eliminate bad bacteria, mold, viruses, fungi, and other toxins
- Stops prostate cancer growth thanks to another natural chemical found in celery, luteolin
- Studies show that consumption of celery can prevent stroke, lower your blood pressure, and generally improve the health of your heart
- Celery juice can reduce your cravings for unhealthy food. The vegetable is rich in nutrients that satisfy your satiety
- Improves your digestion and provides a boost of energy
- Provides support for the nervous system, as it has a calming effect thanks to the detoxifying properties
- Celery helps eliminate bloating, which essentially makes you look slimmer
- As an effective natural diuretic, celery will flush out toxins and help you lose weight
Unless you are on some particular medication, it is totally safe to drink celery juice! Be cautious if you consume medications that interact with grapefruit juice, because both celery and grapefruit juice contains a natural chemical called furanocoumarins that can raise blood levels of certain medications. Those include anti-anxiety medications, blood pressure medications, and statins. Just be sure to consult your doctor if you take medications on a regular basis.